The 8 goals of Universal Design are:
1. Body Fit--Accommodating a broad range of body sizes and abilities.
2. Comfort--Keeping demands within desirable limits of body function.
3. Awareness--Ensuring that critical information for use is easily perceived.
4. Understanding--Making methods of operation and use intuitive, clear and unambiguous.
5. Wellness--Contributing to health promotion, avoidance of disease and prevention of injury.
6. Social integration--Treating all groups with dignity and respect.
7. Personalization--Incorporating opportunities for choice and the expression of individual preferences.
8. Cultural appropriateness--Respecting and reinforcing cultural values and the social and environmental context of any design project.
* Universal Design, Creating Inclusive Environments
by Edward Steinfeld & Jordana L. Maisel